Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weigh in and life update

Today's weigh in was actually pretty good. I was down .8, so I'm pleased with that. I have to admit that taking the stress of reaching goal off has been wonderful. I'm still totally sticking with plan, but I'm not stressing if I don't lose 3 pounds in a week. As long as I go down something, I'm okay with it.

Today we went to the Draper Temple open house again. Gene went this time, because he was anxious to see it even though he worked last night. On a good note, he did have a job interview this week with a home health care agency that would bring his pay back up to what we were making last year. The lady he interviewed with was reading his letters of reference and she kept saying "very impressive" and then she'd read the next one, and said "very impressive". She said that with all the letters. Gene felt it went really well, and so we are VERY hopeful that he gets this one. The nursing home has cut hours again. I think what's making us the most angry is that we can never count on the number of hours he's getting. One week it's up, the next it's back down. How can you budget when you don't know how many hours you will be working? We're beyond frustrated with the whole situation.

The kids are doing fairly well. Last night we went to University of Utah gymnastics, and for once Bryce was VERY well behaved. But then again, we also kept him eating and occupied the entire time. So I'm not sure if that's the solution all the time or not. It worked last night, so who am I to question? Audrey lost another tooth - I'll post a picture later. She lost one of her top center teeth, so I have to admit that she looks kinda funny. But in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment