Monday, December 22, 2008

Wendy's weigh in

I'm inching (and yes, sometimes it does feel like inching) closer and closer to my weight loss goals. I lost 2.6 or 2.4 or something like that this week, and so it puts me down 111.8 pounds. Sometimes I still can't believe it's me when I look in the mirror. I've got 1.4 pounds to go to get my Weight Watchers goal award, and then I need to maintain that for 6 weeks before I get my lifetime award. I want it so badly I can taste it. But leave it to me to close in on that goal at Christmas time! Oh well. I had kind of a neat experience at the store on Saturday night. I have a friend at work who's been giving me all kinds of clothes that she has outshrunk. Some of the skirts were a size 12. Much to my surprise, the skirts fit. I figured it absolutely has to be a fluke in sizing. So I thought what the heck, I'll try on some pants. So when I was shopping with a friend, I tried on 2 pairs of size 12 pants, and oh my gosh, they fit! I was so shocked! I don't know how long it's been since I was in a size 12! Talk about motivation for keeping going!

Yesterday we had the ward choir performance, and I played the flute in 2 numbers. I was VERY worried about one of the numbers because we hadn't practiced it all together at all. Actually, the first time we practiced it was right before we performed it. I was a nervous wreck, but we literally did have angels singing with us because we sounded wonderful. It was an amazing performance, and I was so glad to have been a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. I think if I ever get into a size 12 I will die from shock. I believe it will happen as i am currently an 18 and I have almost 100 pounds to go. I think it takes a little longer for our heads to catch up with our new body proportions once we lose a lot of weight .

    ReplyDelete