Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I can't believe it's Christmas time. The kids are so excited for Santa to come it's not even funny. I'm glad Gene is home with them today - they need some Daddy time without Mommy around. I did manage to get all the presents wrapped Tuesday night, but then looked up on top of the freezer and found I forgot one for our nephew. So I got that done last night.

This past year has been a difficult one, but as it comes to a close, I'm so grateful for the things I've learned. I've learned that as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm a lot stronger than what I think I am. I've learned to be grateful for the plan of salvation, and that someday I'll get to be with my beloved grandmother again. And as much as it hurts right now, that is nothing compared to the joy I'll feel at the reunion with her and my grandpa, and I'll be able to tell her that I loved her so much, we chose to name our first child after her. And then I'll duck when she swings at me for using her middle name that she hated. :-) I've learned that my children are amazing little people. They are no longer babies but individual people with their own likes and dislikes and moodswings. I've learned that my husband is an amazing guy, and I'm so thankful for him in our lives. I couldn't deal with both of the kids all the time on my own without his calming influence when he gets home.

So to all my friends, family and loved ones, Merry Christmas. May the peace of the season be in your hearts as we remember the real reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment